The popularity of poker has seen a significant increase over the last few years. The number of players playing online slot joker has also increased. However there are many people who do not know about the poker terms. In order to be a successful player one should be aware of the terms related to that game.
The terms used in poker:
- Ante:the small bet made by the players before the dealing of the hand.
- All-in:it is also a bet, which places the chips (all) of a player in the pot.
- Backdoor:hitting the required cards on the river and the turn to make one’s hand.
- Bad beat:when the player who had a significant lead over his opponent in the beginning, loses his hand in a turn, river or flop.
- Bad beat story:it’s narrating the bad beat instance after the game.
- Big blind:the amount of chips the player seated left to the dealer (second player) is required to bet. It is called blind because the bet is placed without seeing the cards.
- Board: the community of cards used by the players, combined with the pocket cards to create a hand.
- Bubble: the immediate next player to the top finishers. He is not paid.
- Burn: before the next betting round, the topmost card is discarded. It is known as burn.
- Button: signifies the seat of the dealer.
- Buy in: the amount of money needed to get a seat at the poker table.
- Check: the passing on of the bet.
- Cold call:if the pot has been bet or raised before coming to you, your call is called the cold call.
- Connectors: two pocket cards in sequence.
- Counterfeit: duplicate card on the game table.
- Dealer: the player responsible for the dealing and shuffling of the cards.
- Draw out: when you get a card which changes your losing hand into the winning hand.
- Drawing dead: futile draw.
- Flop: after the first round of betting, the first three cards that are dealt are called flop.
- Flush: the hand consisting of the five cards of the same suit.
- Fold: placing your cards on the table (face down), when you give up.
- Full house: three cards of the same rank with a different pair in a hand.
- Hand: the five cards picked by each player from the community cards and the pocket cards.
- Pocket cards: the cards in a hand which are not from the community cards.
Apart from the above listed terms many other pokertermsare used in the game of poker. For example Omaha, quads, rainbow, rake, pot committed, gunshot, tilt etc.